Welcome Guest | Staff Login
Bookings Menu
  • Index
  • Choose Date
  • Number Of Children
  • Enter Personal Details
  • Confirm Details

Birth Re-registration Booking Questions

Re-registrations are for parents who were not married at the time of the child's birth.
There are two types of re-registration:
1.  If the parents are unmarried and would like the natural father’s details added to the birth record.  You will need to complete form GRO185 and bring it with you to your appointment.
Link to form GRO185
2. If the natural parents have married each other since the birth and would like a re-registration so that a new birth record can be created to show the child as a child of the parents’ marriage. You will need to complete form LA1 and bring this and your marriage certificate with you to your appointment.
If you hold a foreign marriage certificate or your marriage took place in a foreign country, a copy of the marriage certificate will be sent to the General Register Office for verification before the re-registration can be completed.
link to form LA1
PLEASE NOTE: If the child is 16 years or over then their written permission to re-register their birth will be needed. There is a section on form LA1 which the child can sign to give their permission.